When to use Thermoelectric module?
When to use Thermal Electrical Cooler ?
- No moving parts make them very reliable; approximately 105 hrs of operation at 100 degrees Celsius, longer for lower temps.
- Ideal when precise temperature control is required
- Ability to lower temperature below ambient.
- Heat transport controlled by current input.
- Able to operate in any orientation.
- Compact size make them useful for applications where size or weight is a constraint.
- Ability to alternate between heating and cooling.
- Excellent cooling alternative to vapor compression coolers for systems that are sensitive to mechanical vibration
- Able to dissipate limited amount of heat flux.
- Lower coefficient of performance than vapor-compression systems.
- Relegated to low heat flux applications.
- More total heat to remove than without a TEC.